Game Servers, MineCraft Server Rental, Dedicated Servers, Battlefield 3, VPS Servers

Author Topic: Newb to LPGS  (Read 5053 times)

PathFinder

Newb to LPGS
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:30:49 PM »
Well Hello, I seen my friend Chevy posting, he's the reason I came here in first place :)
Ok I got a prob, well a few that is... first, somehow when I made the setup my game name for the server rcon, when I checked my email it says for game name: P@thF!nders Custom Coop when it was just suppose to be P@thF!nder
Where can I go and change this, when I looked for the AA.ini i didn't find it, however there is a server.ini, is this the file you use to edit the servers here?

The other is the TS3 that comes with the purchase... where do I pick that up?
Thanks
Rob

Trevor

Re: Newb to LPGS
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:50:53 PM »
First off welcome

Yes for AA2 we use the server.ini file for the server's configuration settings.  AA2 does not have rcon built into it but the info that you entered is used by TCAdmin to create the servers main admin password, so to change it you would want to fine this line in your server.ini file

Code: [Select]
AdminPassword=

as for the TS3, you do get a free 10 slot if you would like it. Just put in a support ticket requesting the free TS3 server and we can get the setup email off to you

PathFinder

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 01:07:53 AM »
Thanks Trevor
well the pw I created was in the server ini already, just wanted my game name set correctly, so I could get in as admin, or do I just fill in a spot for player admin? Also Is there a way to change the map on the server without being in the server?
ty
Rob
Now I can't get my ftp to log in to the server, were as earlier it did, says critical error cannot connect to server?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:15:36 AM by PathFinder »

ExAnimalis

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »
Hi,
Player Admins are the normal admins on the server (they are playing). You can change the map via the ini file or via the pb webtool. Guess Trevor or/and Andy will give you a better answer since its a long time i setup a AA server.

Trevor

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »
for setting up the web tool there is a nice guide here http://www.keyboardninjas.com/smf/index.php?topic=168.0

Chevy

• Chevys place
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 09:33:35 PM »
Hey Mr. friend P@thfinder ;D time to give me the IP of the server, so I can add it to the servertracking page don't ya think? ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk