Game Servers, MineCraft Server Rental, Dedicated Servers, Battlefield 3, VPS Servers

Author Topic: 29th is nearly upon us..  (Read 3867 times)

bigvern

29th is nearly upon us..
« on: June 21, 2010, 07:27:39 AM »
Yup ,  and I'm all set to grab my copy of Operation Arrowhead , so , it begs the question ,  as  I run an ARMA2 clan  , How is OA going to work for me server side , I'm looking to mesh it with my own ARMA2 , will it work like that server side.
And with ACE2 in the mix also ,  jus wondering how its all going to come together.
Maj Roberts 'Hangman'
Taskforce 87
22SAS 'D' SQDN Air Troop

LPGS

Re: 29th is nearly upon us..
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:34:40 AM »
ArmA II OA uses the same engine as ArmA II so according to the Dev team most mods/maps/addons should port over cleanly. I'm sure Sick and the rest of the Ace2 Dev team will be porting it over for OA. Like all new things it will be a learning curve though  :o

We'll all have to wait for the release to find out what exactly is ported over without trouble and what will have to be modified.  ;)

bigvern

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »
Thats my , not concern , but jus thinking aloud , will my meshing OA and ARMA2 on release day so I can play it affect me being able to play online with my mates on the server ,  I mean  , I'm happy even to play without ACE2 for a few weeks and jus the new ARMA2/OA till the ace team get any issues sorted.
Maj Roberts 'Hangman'
Taskforce 87
22SAS 'D' SQDN Air Troop

LPGS

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 01:45:23 PM »
It's a completely different hosted platform or separate server. We'll get you changed over from ArmA II to ArmA II OA though bud!  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk